Buttons

Friday, October 24, 2014

Pyramid Lake Fishing Report 10/24/14


The striper action slowed for me yesterday with not many boils compared to how it was in the previous weeks.  I saw some small boils over by the freeway rip rap near Spanish Point and Serrano but it was difficult to try to chase them with the trolling motor.  The big motor will send them down in a hurry so I try to stay off it as much as I can using only the trolling motor to get closer.

Largemouth and smallmouth was good and I had 9 fish by 10:00 and all of them came on a Lucky Craft baits.  I used the Sammy 100 in Chartreuse Shad first thing in the morning and then moved to the Sammy 100 in Ghost minnow as the sun came up.  I find the more white it is the better it works early in the day.  I then go to Ghost Minnow because it’s more natural and semi-transparent which is better for me after the sun starts to come up.

I switched between the Sammy and the Lucky Craft Pointer 97MR in Ghost minnow.  This has been the most productive jerkbait lately and remains one of my favorites.  The smallmouth and largemouth wanted it less erratic for some reason so most of them came on a steady straight wind.  Paralleling the bank was crucial in creating strikes with the Pointer and the Sammy.

There is bait everywhere!!!  I could have netted so much bait if I had a tank and net with me.  They were in the backs of covers, main lake areas, and the island anywhere I found grass.  They were very tight to the bank and in balls the size of a car.

The water temp was 69 degrees and still had some algae on wind blown banks but it’s definitely less than it was.  The grass too is almost dead and mostly brown in pockets around the lake.  For guys fishing the shore, the rip rap rock between the swim beach and the ramp looked to be good.  I saw small boils by the swim beach buoy line and some guys throwing on them caught a few stripers.  

Hope this helps, get out and fish every chance you get, this is a great time of year!!


No comments:

Post a Comment